The synergy workshop
Civil Society Organizations and Green Entrepreneurs are key actors to promote ecological and social innovative solutions towards sustainable consumption and production and more sustainable lifestyles. The success of their initiatives depends on various factors such as access to skills and knowledge, technical support, access to finance, networks and visibility, supporting regulations and policies, etc. A broad spectrum of stakeholders can have a direct impact in supporting sustainable innovations promoted by eco-entrepreneurs and grassroots actors.
Accordingly, at SwitchMed we believe that having joint events between civil society organisations and green entrepreneurs might be a unique opportunity for leveraging innovation, creativity, exchange and sharing of ideas. the so-called Synergy Workshops aim at catalysing innovative responses to the challenges related to sustainable production and consumption (SCP), by:
- Listing main challenges and opportunities for green entrepreneurs and grassroots social and eco-innovation initiatives
- Identifying concrete measures and instruments to promote green entrepreneurship and grassroots social and eco-innovations
The workshop intends to bring together, at national level, at least 50 main stakeholders related to grassroots social and eco-innovations and green entrepreneurship ecosystem, such as:
- Green Entrepreneurs and Green Start-ups
- Grassroots social and eco-innovation initiatives
- Governmental bodies and public institutions supporting entrepreneurship and CSOs / Policy Makers
- Private actors supporting entrepreneurs and CSOs (training, coaching, incubation, etc.)
- Financial actors, impact investors, etc.
- Universities and research institutes linked to green entrepreneurship and grassroots social and eco innovations
- International organizations supporting entrepreneurship and CSOs.
Click here to read the news on the Synergy workshop held in Lebanon.
The national workhop in Tunisia was held on the 23rd of March 2016. For further information please click here.
In Morocco, the national workshop was organised on the 25th of May 2016. Click here for more information.
In Jordan, SwitchMed Synergy Workshop was held on 27th of April 2017, more than 100 stakeholders gathered and proposed solutions, call for more support of green and social entrepreneurs to build a green economy. Here is a link for more details.
Synergy workshop in Algeria Palestine and Israel took place at the end of 2017 whereas Egypt one is planned for the beginning of 2018.