The Synergy Workshops
National workshops for the promotion of the green entrepreneurship and social eco-innovation initiatives
Green entrepreneurs and civil society organisations are key players in the promotion of innovative, environmental and social solutions encouraging sustainable consumption and production as well as sustainable lifestyles. The success of these sustainable innovation initiatives depends on a wide range of stakeholders. Among them, public institutions, financial players, companies and support structures can play a key role in promoting the conditions and measures that facilitate the success of green entrepreneurs and, therefore, work in the service of the public interest from countries of the southern Mediterranean.
At SwitchMed, we are convinced that the organization of joint events with green entrepreneurs and civil society organizations with stakeholders having a link with the ecosystem of green entrepreneurship and social eco-innovation initiatives could be a unique opportunity to make the most of innovation, creativity, exchange and sharing of ideas.
Workshops are organized in each SwitchMed target country (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia) and aim to:
- identify challenges and opportunities to promote green entrepreneurship and social eco-innovation initiatives.
- identify specific measures and tools to strengthen the regulatory framework and stimulate the market for sustainable products and services and investing in green entrepreneurship projects.
What do they consist of?
In the workshop, you will:
- know the benefits that the green economy can bring to each country.
- listen to the testimony of green entrepreneurs and social eco-innovation initiatives.
- discuss the challenges and opportunities faced by green entrepreneurs and social eco-innovation initiatives in working groups.
- know public initiatives to support both project leaders.
- discover funding opportunities to develop projects.
Whom is this workshop designed for?
These workshops aimed at bringing together national stakeholders that link with the ecosystem of eco-entrepreneurship and local ecological and social innovations, such as:
- The green entrepreneurs and green start-ups
- Social eco-innovation initiatives
- Policy makers and public institutions supporting entrepreneurship and civil society
- Support structures supporting entrepreneurs and civil society organizations (training, coaching, nurseries, etc.)
- Financial actors and investors.
- Civil society organisations
- Universities and research institutes related to green entrepreneurship and social eco-innovation
- International organisations supporting entrepreneurship and organizations of civil society in Morocco.
Follow-up and results: "The White Paper"
Before each workshop, we conduct interviews with national stakeholders to identify key challenges and opportunities for green entrepreneurs and social eco-innovation initiatives. Based on the interviews and the results of each workshop, we draft and publish a national White Book on the promotion of green entrepreneurship and social eco-innovation initiatives.
In collaboration with
Workshops are held closely with the Ministries of Environment and local partners of each country.
On what dates?
JORDAN: April, 27th 2017
EGYPT: October, 1st 2018
ISRAEL: December, 6th 2017
MOROCCO: May, 25th 2016
ALGERIA: November 30th 2017
LEBANON: November 17th 2015
PALESTINE: June, 27th 2018
TUNISIA: March 23rd 2016
Click on the countries below to receive detailed information about each workshop and the white paper