Call for the UfM Regional Stakeholder Conference on Blue Economy
Related CornerPages: policy
In 2015, the Ministers and other Heads of Delegations of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM) adopted the UfM Ministerial Declaration on Blue Economy. To ensure appropriate governance structures, the UfM Forum on Blue Economy was established as a “…framework of dialogue on sustainable blue economy…” made of various actions and events, including the UfM Regional Stakeholder Conference on Blue Economy.
This two-day international and multi-stakeholder Conference has the aim to: i) consolidate the Mediterranean blue economy community through the exchange of ideas and views among key stakeholders; ii) capitalize on the experiences and lessons learned so as to stimulate cross-fertilization and foster large partnerships; iii) discuss the opportunities and challenges of the various blue economy sectors in terms of jobs creation and investments potential.
The SwitchMed Initiative and the community of Switchers will be featured:
- the morning of day 2, November 30th, at the workshop Blue Entrepreneurship World Café, where we will present the potential of entrepreneurs to contribute to a Blue Economy with real-world examples and an interactive discussion.
- the afternoon of day 2, November 30th, at the workshop: Moving towards a sustainable blue economy in the Mediterranean region: what works, what is missing and what needs to be done?, where the UN Environment/Mediterranean Action Plan (MAP)-Barcelona Convention system, including SCP/RAC, will present its contribution to a more sustainable development of the Mediterranean region, including the promotion of a shift towards a blue economy.
The deadline for Registration is up to Friday, 10 November!
Bilateral Meetings in Blue Economy
In the framework of the Conference, on the 29th November a Brokerage Event will be organized, within the activities of Enterprise Europe Network –BRIDGeconomies_2 Consortium and in collaboration with the Enterprise Europe Network Maritime Sector Group.
Three B2B sessions will be organized and will involve companies, governments’ representatives, regional/local authorities, business sector, universities/training and education centers, international development agencies, international organizations, dealing with marine and maritime issues in order to discuss and develop ideas, projects and business opportunities.
In pre-arranged bilateral meetings, participants will have the opportunity to:
- discuss about cooperation opportunities on blue economy
- share projects and proposals
- find new partners
- establish new business relationships
For more information visit this link