Tunisia launches the SCP action plans for the tourism and agri-food industries
Based on the results of the Tunisian sustainable development strategy, the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development has drawn up a report on sustainable production and consumption (SCP) patterns in Tunisia and action plans for two sectors that are considered the highest priority, the tourism and agri-food industries, over the next ten years (2016-2025).
The Ten Year Agri-food Action Plan 2016-2025 puts forward the following proposals:
- Streamlining the use of natural resources and minimising the causes of damage (pesticides and waste);
- Promoting sustainable agricultural practices and local knowledge;
- Ensuring sustainable agricultural activity.
The Ten Year Tourism Action Plan 2016-2025 puts forward the following proposals:
- Promoting sustainable resource management and encouraging collective action;
- Developing sustainable waste management and recycling;
- Improving the quality of the options available and offering environmental certification.
- Encouraging an integrated social and societal approach;
- Promoting the consumption of local and organic products;
- Appraising the risk of flooding and coastal erosion.
Click on the images to download the documents
The national action plans, drawn up following an in-depth consultation with all the stakeholders in Tunisia, were developed in response to the need for everyday actions related to sustainability. The aim is to raise awareness among Tunisian organisations in terms of the impact of their actions on the quality of life of present and future generations.